Training Needs Assessment Workshop for Water Education is organised by Institute for Environment and Development (LESTARI), Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM) in collaboration with Malaysian Country Water Partnership (MyCWP), Malaysian Water Partnership (MyWP), Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM) and EcoKnights. The workshop’s target groups are academia in higher education institutions, local research centres, NGOs and potential trainers. It will identify issues and problems related to training needs in water education. The workshop will introduce project and problem-based approach to teaching and learning. At the same time, this workshop will explore the GWP IWRM Toolbox, which can be utilised in both formal and non-formal training programmes. A certain method used in the learning for change module will also be applied in this workshop as potential information mining tool in water education.
Objectives of this workshop are:
1. To identify issues and problems related to training needs in water education
2. To identify projects and problems based approach to teaching and learning
3. To explore the GWP Toolbox, which can be utilized in formal and non-formal training programmes
4. To apply the learning for change method as potential tool in water education
5. To share some success stories case studies including issues, challenges and solutions in water education