The Department of Irrigation and Drainage Malaysia and Malaysian Water Partnership (MyWP) together with MyCBNet will be organising the Integrated Flood Management Programme at the national level with the theme ‘The role of local community’ on 7 September 2013 in Kuantan, Pahang.
This conference aims to: –
- Build awareness among the participants on the action before, during and after the flood.
- To enable participants to respond in the event of flooding in their area.
- To enable participants to communicate and disseminate the measures in response to the flooding of their communities.
- Build a network among participants, the agencies that respond in flood and non-governmental organizations (NGOs).
- Prepare a national flood prevention agenda and implement similar programs in other regions.